New Resident Information
WELCOME TO THE NEIGHBORHOOD!
Dear New Resident of South Russell Village:
The Village of South Russell was established in 1922 when residents of the southern area of Russell Township separated from the township and created The Village of South Russell in order to have their children attend the Chagrin Falls Schools.
The Village of South Russell consists of four square miles extending from eastern Chagrin Falls Village to Newbury Township and from southern Russell Township to Bainbridge Township. We have over 3,800 residents living in 1,400 homes; many near or on one of the twenty-one lakes or ponds located within the village.
The village is governed by a Mayor and six members of Council, all serving four-year terms. We have sixteen full-time employees and a three million dollar budget. An earned income tax of 1.25% brings in $1.75 million and real estate taxes bring in over $1.1 million.
Regionalism enables the village to receive fire and ambulance service from Chagrin Falls Suburban Fire Department, and police dispatch service from the Chagrin Valley Dispatch Center.
The village holds a yearly trash day, a paper shredding day and a Fall Festival on our 100-acre park on Bell Road. The South Russell Village Park pavilion is available on a first come, first serve basis or can be reserved in advance for $25 (reservation forms can be found online at southrussell.com). In 2015 the village opened the new South Russell Village Cemetery which is located on Chillicothe Road. The village also allows the Geauga Farmers’ Market use of the Village Hall parking lot on Saturdays from May to October.
Though the village is primarily a bedroom community, there are many businesses including doctors, restaurants, exercise studios, and much more located on East Washington Street as well as on Chillicothe Road.
We welcome you to South Russell Village – the 2015 #1 ranked suburb of Cleveland (according to a poll done by WKYC-TV3)!
Mayor William G. Koons, Ph. D.